Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Book of Mark!

Okay someones gonna ask me, why did you choose to memorize the book of mark ?

After memorizing the book of John I had a hard time making up my mind about which book to memorize next. It was a tough decision.

I almost went with Revelations, maybe someday soon but not today.

Actually, Mark was almost last on my list but I decided to put the Bible CD in the player just to see, cause I hadn't heard it in a while and you're  right, it knocked my socks off!!  My mind got blowned!

I just felt that still small voice in my heart saying this is the one, and its such a great balance to John as well.

Okay, so I am missing the beatitudes from Matthew and the birth story from Luke but I can get those later on and maybe do those separately.

Some say Mark is the Gospel according to Peter or that John Mark wrote it from memory, most likely he had it memorized from hearing it so many times or decided it should be written down and thought hey what a great idea!

Either way I am thankful for it and I am going to make it a part of my being and you should too!

I worked a  few verses of  it today, getting a taste for it.

 Guess who showed up?

Yep, the punk showed up, and started in with his doubts and discouragements. Guess what ? I didn't listen to him and you shouldn't either.

Come on Brother, come on Sister, join me in this grand adventure!

Just think, if you would have joined me before, you would have probably have had the book of John memorized like I do now.
 And I don't say that to make you feel bad, but to provoke you to Godly jealousy and, to want to be zealously affected toward a good thing................. 2 cor 11:12 - Gal 4:18

Okay Lets do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment